Here you will find access to our useful documents, such as how to register a death, a guide to being a pall bearer and a collection of bible readings and poetry for funerals.
Information about help towards funeral costs is below, if you have any questions, please ask your funeral director.
You will also find here our standardised pricing and our terms of business, should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us to discuss
Sometimes you may need more help than we can offer. It is important to reach out in times of need, to family, friends, co-workers. If you don’t feel that you can talk to these people, sometimes the best person to reach out to is a stranger, someone who may have been through what you have been through;
Financial help may be available through the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) online, from their dedicated helpline or via your local Jobcentre.
Bereavement Support Payment
The bereavement support payment provides a one-off lump sum payment followed by 18 monthly payments, this has now been extended to those people under the age of 45 years. There are two rates of of support with Bereavement Support Payments:
Claimants with dependent children or who are pregnant
£3500 lump sum payment, followed by 18 monthly payments of £350
Claimants without dependent children and are not pregnant
£2500 lump sum payment, followed by 18 monthly payments of £100
To find out more please call their Helpline 03456 088 601
You can download a claim form here
- All claimants must have been married to or in a civil partnership with the decease. There are no payments for those people living together as a couple without being married or in a civil partnership, regardless if their are children in the relationship
- The deceased’s spouse/civil partner must usually have paid National Insurance
- Bereavement Support Payments are not means tested, are tax free and do not affect other benefits received
- The age limit of 45 has now been removed
- Re-marrying or entering a relationship will not effect receiving the payments
The Social Fund Payment is specifically to help with cost of a funeral, they are available via a helpline 03456 036 967, or you can download a claim form here.
You can receive help towards the cost of the funeral if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- income support
- income based job seekers allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Council tax benefit
- Working tax Credit, where disability or severe disability is included in the award.
- Child tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element.